Lately I’ve been trying to drink a lot more water. It’s recommended that active woman drink at least 2.2 liters of water a day, that equates to 9 glasses. Now that’s a lot of water. I tried to follow this recommendation but after a few glasses, I realized that I wasn’t crazy about the taste of water. It’s just boring, you know? So I decided that I would give infused water a try. I’ve tried strawberries, lemon, blueberries, raspberries and oranges. My favorite combination, by far is strawberries with lemon. It not only tastes delicious, but also packs a lot of added health benefits.
Let’s go over the benefits of strawberries first.
- Strawberries have great diuretic, purifying, and antioxidant powers.
- They are rich in vitamins A, C, and E.
- They are rich in iron, vitamin K, and folic acid.
- They care for your heart.
- Strawberries have anti-inflammatory properties, which is why they help you when you have muscular properties or any bone diseases.
- Strawberries have soluble fiber, which means they are a huge help in the absorption of carbohydrates and help keep sugar levels balanced.
- They are good at fighting constipation.
- Aids in weight loss
Lemons also offer a lot of benefits as well.
- Gives your immune system a boost
- Excellent source of potassium which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
- Aids digestion
- Helps flush out toxins by enhancing enzyme function
- Helps to keep your skin blemish-free
- Helps you lose weight
- Reduces inflammation
- Energy Boost
- Helps combat viral infections
Do you enjoy infused water? What is your favorite fruit combinations?