Oh man, what can I say. It feels like just yesterday I was ordering my first legal drink, then I blinked and now I’m 25. Where did the time go!? So I must be honest, I’ve been a bit nervous about this birthday. I feel like 25 is the mark of “ok you’re officially an adult now, get your life together.” At 23 you’re still young, figuring things out, fresh on the career scene and then 25, bam your expected to be more mature and have things figured out. At least that’s what I think. I could be completely wrong haha, but long ago I made a goal and a promise to myself to have things figured out and established by the time I reached my mid twenties. Well I’ve started a completely new career in January, and am new on the scene for being my own boss, still trying to figure things out. But I have to admit, it’s amazing and I’m actually really excited to see what 25 will bring me throughout the next year.
I’m a huge believer in setting goals and so I thought it’d be fun to set some goals for the next year as it pertains to being a little bit older. Eeek! Let’s Jump in!
- So I’ve been keeping this under wraps but I’m working on a coffee table book about LA with the amazing blogger, Boho Bunny, and hope to have it roll out in stores next year. So my goal for the next year is to actually finish. Can’t wait for you guys to check it out!
- Understand accounting. So I keep having to ask Chad everything about finance when it pertains to my business and I’d really like to stop doing that. I want to learn the ins and outs of finance so that I can handle it all on my own.
- Recruit enough clients to bring on an assistant. I really hope I can nail down some clients this coming year, not just because it’s so much fun to work with them, but also so that I can hire an assistant. There’s so much to do when it comes to running a business and it’d be so nice to have a little help.
- Create an established, well connected community that truly cares about one another. I write this blog each week for you guys. My goal is that in some small way, my words help you through tough situations. I want you to feel comfortable to share your own stories and to respond to others. This is a goal we can work on together! Yay!
- Learn to truly love myself. I’m on this journey to accept myself for who I am, and not strive for the “perfect” version of myself because there is no such thing, and that’s what makes life interesting. I hope that by the time I’m 26, I’m confident as hell and find it utterly boring and useless to count calories or to step on a scale, because in the end, it doesn’t f*#$$n matter, right?!
- Speak my mind. I’m the type of person that doesn’t want to make anyone angery. I absolutely hate confrontation and I try to avoid it like the plague. Which often means that I bite my tongue and go along with things that I don’t completely agree with. I hope that I can muster up the courage and confidence to speak my mind and disagree at times, because disagreeing with a friend or a spouse is perfectly acceptable.
- Be an entertainer. So we moved into our house last June which I am beyond excited about. This means we can throw parties and actually have the room to do so. I want to learn how to be the ideal hostess and look forward to throwing many get togethers in the months to come.
- Print out my photos. I absolutely love taking photos! And I have so many saved on my phone and on my computer, but I have hardly any photos displayed around the house. I want to scour pinterest and find some cute ideas for photo displays and actually print out my snapshots of friends and family and string them all around the house. Have any photo project ideas? I’d love to hear them!
- Travel, Alot!! One of the perks of this job is that I get to travel to some pretty neat places, like Carmel by the Sea. I want to work it out so that I can do this more often with both my husband and my friends. I don’t know what the trips look like yet but that’s part of the fun to figure out! Ideas please!
Ok, so I think that’s a good start, I’ll let you know if I think of any others. Ahhhh I can’t believe it’s my birthday!!! I absolutely love birthdays so today I’m going to be uncontrollably giggly and giddy. Consider yourself warned if I run into you today. 🙂