It’s almost Valentine’s Day! I can’t believe it. Do you have any fun plans for this holiday? I’d love to hear all about it. I’m not sure what Chad and I are going to do yet. We may go to a cooking class! We shall see.
Anyway, today I want to offer up a Valentine’s Day recipe. Today we are going to make a sweet cheese ball. Perfect for Valentine’s Day get together’s or even just great for a dessert for the two of you. Today’s post is also very special because it’s the release of my very first video! Yay! So you can either choose to watch the video for the recipe or simply read the rest of this post for all of the details. Enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Cheese Ball
- 1/2 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 Cup of Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- Graham Crackers
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- First mix together the chocolate chips, cream cheese, vanialla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Then take the mixture with your hands and mold it into a heart shape.
- Next pour sprinkles over entire cream cheese concoction. Make sure the sprinkles cover every spot.
- Place graham crackers around the cheese ball.
Simple right? It’ll take you like 5 minutes to make. Seriously.
Now I know this may seem like an indulgent recipe, but I actually have some surprising benefits of dark chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla that you may be interested to learn.
So let’s dive in.
Dark Chocolate Chips
- Very Nutritious: Has nearly 11 grams of fiber per serving, good source of iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and potassium.
- Great source of Antioxidants. Antioxidants protects against free radicals, protecting the body from harmful bacteria. Antioxidants are also great for eye health, prevention of skin damage, and muscle repair.
- Has been known to help lower blood pressure.
- Protects your skin against sun damage. This is because dark chocolate contains flavonols which can protect against sun-induced damage. They also improve blood flow to the skin and increase skin density and hydration.
- Improves brain function. Because dark chocolate improves blood flow, it improves blood flow to the brain. Dark chocolate also contains theobromine and caffeine which has been known to improve brain function as well.
- Source: http://authoritynutrition.com/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate/
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- Can help treat symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Cinnamon has been shown to help neurons and improve motor function.
- Has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Can lower the negative effects of high fat meals.
- Source: http://www.organicauthority.com/health/11-health-benefits-of-cinnamon.html
- Great source of Antioxidants. Antioxidants protects the body against free radicals and toxins.
- Anti-Inflammation Abilities: Protects the liver and reduces inflammation.
- Lower Cholesterol Potentially: High quantities of vanilla can lower cholesterol.
- Can increase mental performance: Vanilla contains chemicals call vanilloids that activate receptors in a similar way to capsaicin which is well known to improve mental performance.
- Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/298410-what-are-the-health-benefits-of-vanilla-extract/
So whip up this simple treat and dive in! It has surprisingly, many benefits and it’s delicious! Enjoy!