Hi Everyone! I could not be more excited for the launch of this new website. I’ve been blogging for the past two years now, and what first began as merely a creative outlet and a way for me to explore a new side of myself while in college, has transformed into so much more. Throughout the past couple of years, I have learned so much about fashion, art, the importance of enjoying life and living in the moment, and most importantly I have met so many awesome and inspiring people along the way. Throughout the past few months I have been contemplating what it is that I want to do with the rest of my life. Continue PR? Become a Fashion designer? Take a serious stab at becoming a writer? While I don’t have everything figured out yet, what I do know is that I want to be creative, I want to write, and I want to dedicate more time to creating quality, exciting content for you guys. Which leads to the completely revamped, She’s All Smiles.
This past year has been a rough one, and with that I’ve lost side of the fact of what it means to be truly happy and how to lead a life that is my own. A year ago this March I was diagnosed with an eating disorder, and it has been a tough road. It’s a disease that truly consumes you, turning you into someone unrecognizable to yourself and others. I’ve finally reached a place where I feel like I am slowly pulling myself out of the trenches and can share my story (if interested, you can read a bit about my journey here). I want to use She’s All Smiles as a platform to help me stay on the path to recovery, and to help others who may be experiencing tribulations in their own lives and are in need of a place they can come to, to feel heard. If you’re feeling insecure, unsure about where you’re going with your life, or are in need of inspiration to help recharge your creative mind, I want you to feel like you can come to this space. If you’re having an off day and need someone to vent to, I want you to know that you have a community here that are ready to listen. Are you having unhealthy reactions to food or fitness? Does the thought of getting dressed in the morning cause you anxiety because you don’t know what to wear that will truly express how your feeling for the day? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. We’ll figure it out, and together, we’ll be one step closer to a more confident, happy self.
Alright, so that’s the reasoning behind why She’s All Smiles has gotten a major face-lift. Now it’s time for the fun stuff! The breakdown of categories that will featured here. If you’ve browsed around a bit already, you’ll notice that there are five categories: Food Expressions, Fashion Expressions, Thriving Professional, Explore and Wellness. So what will each of these entail? Well, let’s go ahead and break them down:
- Fashion Expressions: I firmly believe that an outfit can tell the world who you are without you having to utter a single word. What we slip into each morning says a lot about who we are, what we like and how we’re feeling. This category will be broken down into different “expressions” illustrating outfit inspiration for a certain feeling you may be having. Whether you’re feeling sexy, girly, lazy, in need of a work appropriate outfit, or whatever, I got you covered (literally! ha! Sorry, I’m a bit of a fan of bad jokes). Anyway, the possibilities are endless when it comes to feelings, right!? I’m hoping this category will help make things a lot easier for you when you venture into your closet each morning.
- Food Expressions: Ok, this category has been so much fun to plan. Every month, I’m going to choose one ingredient to highlight and will showcase different recipes that feature the chosen ingredient. Each month, when I announce which ingredient will be highlighted, I will also provide you with a full list of health benefits that it offers. This month it’s going to be dark chocolate! I probably have the biggest sweet tooth you’ve ever seen, so it’s fitting that the first ingredient to be featured is chocolate. Don’t you agree? In addition to highlighting an ingredient each month, I’m also going to categorize each recipe into a different feeling, so if you’re feeling indulgent, you can check out a whole list of satisfying and healthy desserts. If your feeling active, you’ll find workout, centered recipes. If you are having a bad day, I’ll provide you with foods that are known to be great mood boosters. Feeling saucy or romantic? I got you covered!
- Wellness:This category will be split up into two verticals: mind and body. Within this space you will find yoga practices, playlists, running tips, etc. You’ll also find a lot of articles centered around recharging the mind and becoming one with yourself.
- Explore: Here, you find posts discussing adventure suggestions you can go on with friends, as well as things you can do by yourself. This space is mean to help you discover new sides of yourself. It’s also designed to help strengthen your relationships with family and friends.
- Thriving Professional: I’m really looking forward to this one! I strongly believe that you should seek a career in an area that you’re passionate about. With that said, I’ll provide you with posts designed to help figure out what you want to do, interview advice, situations that you may face, and other discussions. I’ll also include a few ideas on how to incorporate your personality in your office space.
In summary, thank you times a zillion for the continued support. You guys have been amazing. Cheers to 2015 and a happier, healthier life!