With the fresh start that Spring brings, it’s the perfect time to detox the body and get a jumpstart on our preparation for long days spent in bikinis poolside. My favorite way to cleanse the body is to introduce an abundance of lemons into my diet. I try to include them in my diet on a daily basis, but anytime I’m feeling sluggish I make it a priority to include them at every meal. They really make a difference!
Lemons really offer a wide range of benefits. They’re great for more than just lemonade, I promise. Let’s explore all the different reasons why this citrus is so appealing.
Benefits that Lemons Offer the Body:
- Heals a sore throat: By mixing honey with a bit of lemon juice, will help alleviate the discomfort, often caused by an irritated throat.
- Weight Loss: Lemon juice contains pectin, which is known to be a soluble fiber that aids in weight-loss.
- Kick Start Your Day: Replace your normal cup of joe with a dose of tea and lemon . This combination has been known to stimulate the digestive tract, as well as adding a dose of vitamin c.
- Source of Potassium: Lemons are an excellent source of potassium, a vitamin known to aid in heart health, while also supporting brain and nerve function.
- Flush Out Toxins: Lemon juice stimulates the liver and enhances enzyme function, helping to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Clear Skin: The antioxidants found in lemon juice, helps decrease blemishes and wrinkles. It also helps make your skin radiant with a youthful glow, due to its ability to detoxify the blood stream.
A lot of great reasons to incorporate lemons into your diet! Adding these to your daily routine, doesn’t have to be hard. Below are a few of my favorite recipes that call for lemon juice.
Recipes to Try This Month
- Lemon Detox Tea
- Low-Fat Salad Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Soup
- Lemon Butter (Delicious on biscuits!)
- Lemon and Basil Eggs over Focaccia
- Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi